Ian Ritchie RSW
I have been a lecturer in Further Education for 26 years at two of Scotland’s largest Further Education Colleges. I have over 10 years’ experience as a Curriculum Manager at both Aberdeen and Dundee Colleges. I am currently a course leader at Dundee and Angus College and have held that position for the last 5 years. My main area of teaching has been in Art and Design with specific subject specialism in drawing and painting. I have always been proactive in National Course Development in Art and Design at both NC and HND levels.
I am a practicing contemporary artist working in Mixed media, Acrylic paint and box construction. I am interested in a variety of subjects including Scottish Legends, History , The Highland Clearances and Scottish Emigration. The artists who have had most influence on my work are Will MacLean and Andrew Wyeth. Many of my current mixed media pieces include photographs, image transfers, wallpaper and photocopies.
Awards for Painting
- Ian Eadie Award for Painting DJCA. 1987
- Exposure Gallery Prize Royal Glasgow Institute. 2009
- Turcan Connell Prize RSW, Edinburgh 2015
- Elected Member of the RSW 2018
Selected Exhibitions and Competitions
- Hunting Group Art Awards Finalist 1988, 1989.1990
- Regular exhibitor at Aberdeen Artists Society, Royal Scottish Academy, Visual Arts Scotland, Scottish
- Society of Arts ,Royal Society of Artists in Watercolour and Royal Glasgow Institute since 1987
- Corner stone gallery Dunblane Solo exhibition and with Jonathan Hood 1995
- Atholl Gallery, Dunkeld mixed exhibitions since 1988 and with Malcolm Cheape 1998
- The Leith gallery. Solo Exhibitions, group shows. Since 1997
- Scotland team member, Fabriano paper international Watercolour Exhibition ,Fabriano Italy.2017
Private collections in Scotland, Norway, Ireland and USA.National Trust for Scotland,Dundee United Football Club.